Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday

We spent Saturday in a kind of haze, sleeping late and generally being as lazy as possible. We made brunswick stew and cornbread and lit the pilot light for the gas fireplace. Then we watched Chicken Little.. I guess we needed our cartoon fix. :)

Sunday I went to church and sat with PR, to see his video promo for next week's service.. which will be the beginning of another series about relationships. I'll be listening, but I can't promise to be present every week. NS is a great church, and I believe that God is working there. I just don't think that He's not working elsewhere. I am quite wary of the notion that only one church has the answers, and all of the others are Wrong. I'm starting to get that vibe from NS.. it's one of several things that I don't love about it anymore.

This is not to say that it's not a great church. As i said before, it is a great church. But we all know my feelings about church to start with. I'm just a little wary is all. Just sayin.

After church, I came home for lunch with L (leftover brunswick stew is better than it was last night.. the heat from the tobasco has had time to set in). Then I painted the bathroom, went through the craft stuff, and folded the laundry. L weeded flower beds and chopped out the last remaining bastion of the brushy area of the yard. After all that, we decided to go out to dinner..

So off to Olive Garden in Greenville. Yummmmm.

I had more to say, but L wants to talk.. :)

No comments: