Monday, October 23, 2006

Goodwill...

L's parents visited this weekend. I spent a lot of time with his mother, who is just precious. Seriously, she's great. I've never seen anyone in my life who sincerely enjoys everything as much as she does. L is a lot like her in a lot of ways.

We went to the giant mega-Goodwill store.. they weigh their merchandise when you check out and charge you 99 cents per pound. Everything is thrown into giant bins and you have to dig for it. We spent a couple of hours there, but I ended up getting 6 shirts, a sweater, and a belt for $1. And we're talking about name brands.. Gap. Limited. Express. 9 West. Aeropostale. American Eagle.

Pretty cool...

They've gone home now, and tonight is band practice again. Last night I talked with PR on the phone for a while. It's always good to talk to him.. he has a very unique perspective on just about everything. And an utter inability to decipher the machinations of certain women.

I've got lots of other stuff to write about today, but unfortunately not much time in which to write it, so I'll have to come back later. Right now.. too much paperwork to review. :(

2 comments:

joe hall said...

Tell me who this PR guy is, and I'll get him clued-in and straightened out in a hurry.
Just give me a hint, is PR the first two letters of his first name, or like his first and last name?

o.r.p. said...

Ummm.. you can look him up!

... in the mirror. ;)
you're the best, you know that?

--b