Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Fog

Driving to work this morning was like something out of a bad horror movie. The fog was so thick you couldn't cut it with a chainsaw. I couldn't see the road in front of me, and in order to see brake lights on another car, you'd have had to have already rear-ended them.

Not a fun drive.

I taught a class yesterday, and I'm still worn out from that. Plus I think my allergies are acting up a little. Great.. just in time for the party at our house on Thursday, I am starting to feel crappy. I will go to bed early tonight and hopefully that will help.

I also have birthday gifts to mail for S and my sister. Just haven't had time to get to the post office. It's not the only thing I haven't had time to do lately.

I swear sometimes that I can't keep up with everything. Seems like everybody needs/wants something from me. Even worse, some people always expect me to read their minds, and then give them exactly what they want, even if I have tried to make it clear that I can't deliver immediately. My mother is the worst of these:

"I still want to know why that doctor did ___________..." even though she knows I have to have copies of the records before I can talk to anyone (i.e. an attorney or the doctor in question, because lord knows I can't take her word for anything), and that we only first discussed the issue yesterday.

I have discovered that I really love the silent feature on my cell phone.

No comments: