Friday, August 05, 2005

Spastic More Than Neurotic

My cat is insane.

Last night I was sitting at my computer when he lost his mind. As yet he has not regained it. He was lying on the file cabinet, idly slapping my elbow with one of his nubby little paws. I turned to look at him, and suddenly he leapt off the cabinet, screaming like a banshee and puffing up to twice his normal size, with all of his fur on end.

He reminded me of a deranged blowfish with fur.

He made three or four frantic circuits of the office before throwing himself on the floor in the middle of the room. When I tried to pet him, he hissed. A minute later he seemed okay, but at intervals all night and all day today, he has gone into these paroxysms, yowling at the top of his lungs.

The boyfriend has been trying to work in this office, in the midst of Hurricane Monster. He is not happy. Neither, however, is the cat.

So.. at least it's the weekend now. Tomorrow I am going trail riding on Gracie, while the boyfriend goes shopping. I would go shopping, too, but I really don't have any extra money to spend, and I have been dying to get Gracie out on a trail and under a saddle! If I'm lucky, I can post pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what in the world is wrong with your silly cat?