Thursday, August 04, 2005

Blargh? Blawg!!

I am tired as hell. I have been ever since midday, when I was just starting budgeting with the class. They fed us country style steak with gravy. Delicious, but I could feel my ass expanding with every bite. And if I'd been able to, I would have fallen asleep across the LCD projector about 15 minutes after lunch.

As it was, I got to come home early, but I spent the extra time sitting on the deck reading. We went to Sam's, where we bought 18 pork chops, 2 10+ pound roasts, and about 8 pounds of fish. We like to stock up. :) We ate some of the fish for dinner with lemon pepper and rice, which was delicious also, but less detrimental to the waistline.

We watched Taking Lives with Angelina Jolie. It was okay, but it's not a movie I will watch again. I have always liked Angelina Jolie, in part because she is beautiful, and in part because of some of the extraordinary interviews I have read. However, I must say that in this movie, she is not at her best. And I swear in one frame (a profile shot) she looks like a duck.

But it was nice to watch a movie with the boyfriend on one side and the cat on the other, even if the cat was trying unsuccessfully to steal our gingersnaps the whole time.

No comments: