Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Maximum Weight Limit Exceeded

That is the warning light that started blinking in my head yesterday. It came on, like all "check engine" lights, at a time when I really didn't want to see it, but that's how it always happens. I was at the gym, getting ready to sit in the sauna, because I thought the heat would help my aching hips and coccyx (that's the buttbone, for those without medical terminology), which it did.

However, when I go to the gym, I check and record my weight. I am now the heaviest I have ever been. And that's when the light came on. And it didn't just come on. It started blinking furiously. It has made me question and agonize over every bite since.

So.. I have to lose at least 10 pounds. Shooting for 15 by Christmas. For every 5 pounds, I am going to buy myself something spectacular at Victoria's Secret, since I love shopping there, and 1) I want to be able to continue to find something there that fits, and 2) I never buy anything except cotton underwear anymore, and I need a good excuse. So there it is. I lose 5 pounds, I get something spectacular. : )

That also means no more eating whatever I feel like. No more trips for that University ice cream in the middle of the day. No more snickers bars. And certainly no more soda.

Tonight we are having pork chops. I'll take the small one with a big salad, which I won't feel bad about because I just ran 2 miles on the treadmill despite my still somewhat aching tailbone. Maybe next time that'll teach me to stay in the saddle... and away from the junk food.

No comments: