Monday, August 29, 2005

The Short List

It's time for a list of things I am thinking about right now, since I can't seem to begin any decent sort of narrative.

1) I feel like I am wrapped in 30 pounds of bologna. If not bologna, then something equally heavy and unattractive. It's not that I think other people think my ass looks like a runaway Buick. No one has commented on this to date. It's just that I feel that way. But I did run today. And I will run tomorrow. And the next day. And the next. Until I can run that 5K, and then the half marathon in January. And then the Dublin Marathon in October 06. And I guarantee that by then I will not feel like this and all my clothes will be comfortably almost-too-big again.

2) Despite my discontent with the state of my body, I am quite content with someone else's. Should I leave it at that? Suffice it to say that I am more than satisfied. Not to mention that he cooked dinner again tonight and yesterday he washed my car. And he lets me use him as a pillow while he watches TV. And he is fun to talk to and make plans with, and he keeps the bed warm. He's the best boyfriend ever.

3) My dog died. My mother called last night to tell me. No one knows why. She just sat down and died. but then none of us has any idea how old she was. My mother did bury her in the Land Rover collar I bought her years ago. I imagine that the leash still sits downstairs, gathering dust like it has ever since I had to take the dog back to my mom's house.

So it's a short list.

1 comment:

The Princess said...

yes, I thought it quite odd also that Sadie died.I thought maybe it was a snake bite.Remember this is the dog that was outrunning the golf cart!! Seems weird.