Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Just Throwing Something Out There..

Ok.. I have a few questions for my dear readers.

Let's say that you have some acquaintances. You're not best buds or anything, but you know each other. And let's say that you are married, and these acquaintances are married. Let's also assume that you are a woman. Would you call to chat with your acquaintance's husband, but never call the wife? (Vice versa if you are a man..)

If you were in the area, and knew where this other couple lived, but knew that the wife wasn't home, would you stop by unannounced to chat with the husband?

Do you consider how your actions might appear to others before you do things, or are you a more impulse driven person?

How would you feel if you were the husband, and another man was dropping by when you weren't home to visit with your wife? Would it make a difference what your relationship was with this other guy? If you knew that you had nothing to worry about as far as your spouse cheating, would it still bother you anyway?

Just curious..

5 comments:

The Princess said...

Yes I think it would raise some eyebrows, just given Human nature.
Based solely on Ur hypothetical situation I would wonder why they wouldn't come by when both were there or call the other person as well. I mean there are special circumstance and all but if it seems fishy it usually is.
On the other hand you don't want to how do you say.... controlling and you do have to have some faith in your other half. Just don't be the ostrich!!=)
NOW DISH!!

joe hall said...

1. No
2. NO!
3. I don't believe in luck, accidents or coincidences

Anonymous said...

it would annoy me...really that sort of behavior is just rude. Didn't their momma teach them any better?
-F

o.r.p. said...

I'm kind of vacillating between thinking this person just doesn't know any better, and thinking that they's up ta sump'in. I'm not worried about it.. I just think it's a little weird...

--b

Anonymous said...

It would depend on what my relationship with them was before both the marriages began. I have a lot of guyfriends with whom I'm not particularly familiar with their girlfriends... and many of my guyfriends would call me before calling my fiance, because that's our previous relationship.