Sunday, June 10, 2007

Define Gorgeous.. Also, Encounter with a (Rattle?) Snake

THIS is a good looking horse.These pics were taken after our traumatic experience this afternoon. I went riding with MMaw and we were almost back to the barn when I heard an ominous sound. Thrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... I think instinct kicked in or something.. I KNEW it was a snake before I saw the thing slithering toward us! M was in the act of getting off his horse to tie the dog at the time, and I didn't want him stepping down with a snake heading right at him so I'm saying "SNAKE SNAKE SNAKE!!!"
About that time, his horse notices the snake, which is now hauling its ugly butt across the trail directly in front of M's horse, Diamond. Diamond promptly lost his mind and started bucking like the best rodeo bronc in the world. M got flung into a tree! Then Diamond charged in the opposite direction of the snake and slammed into me and Trigger. Trigger took a step sideways, but didn't lose his balance (Thank GOD!). I was just sitting there trying to breathe going "omg are you okay??" over and over, and M was going "where's the snake?"
Alls well that ends well, though. M was fine, Diamond came back a few minutes later, sheepishly, followed by the dog, who had also run away. Trigger didn't freak out, which I was profoundly grateful for. So, he got a deluxe spa treatment and a big bucket of dinner when we got back to the barn.
Here he is scratching his nose on the barn door...
And back in the pasture showing off his shampooed mane and tail and his scrubbed white socks. He's a good horse.
Meanwhile, THIS creature has taken over the house...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cats own the house. We are just their servants.

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is my new thingg

The Princess said...

Check my blog!!! If you haven't already... I lovvvveeee u!! Happy Birthday!!