Friday, July 06, 2007

Trigger-nometry.. Again

I got up early this morning and went out to the barn to see Trigger.. He was in an exceptionally good mood today, and we had a good 5-6 hours of brushing, grooming, riding, and relaxing. We rode for about an hour and a half, through two big loops of the experimental forest trails.

We saw the biggest deer I've ever seen up close.. it was about 15 feet away from us when we came out onto the main trail. It was a buck, probably about 190-200 pounds, I would guess. He was really big for a deer, but it looked like he had shed his antlers or lost them somehow. He was a pretty chestnut color, though, with big huge brown eyes. He and Trigger regarded each other for a few minutes before flicking their respective ears and heading in opposite directions.

Back at the barn, Trigger got a long bath. I oiled Kathy's old clippers that I found in the bottom of my tack trunk.. I never expected them to work. They are at least 25 years old.. but they did. And amazingly enough, Trigger let me clip his whiskers with no problem at all!!

I sat in the hammock chair out back with him for another 30 minutes or so, while he grazed and I admired the way the sun reflected off his big golden rump. He's a great horse. I should spend more time with him and less time thinking about work.

I came home from the barn and cleaned up a bit, then went to get my nails done before L's parents arrived. They got here around 5 and we made pork loin with mango chutney and bleu cheese for dinner, with mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum.

I'm really tired now, so I think the jazz club with CJ is out.. Tomorrow is a big day.. starting at the Won't, followed by the bridal store for the mother of the groom dress, followed by the alterations shop for my wedding dress...

2 comments:

The Princess said...

Sounds like good Times, the food the relaxing, tomorrow the shopping... Your off to a good start!!
There's only one thing I was wondering... did you say ypou were checking out your horses ass?? LOL Just playin' Love ya missy call me in the A>M>...

Anonymous said...

HAHAH B was deff eyeing her horses ass lol :] That cute. Well I love you Silly have fun finding a dress for L's Mom, I bet you'lll find a Peffect one! :] the mom's always have to look the best. buutt whats gma gna where??