Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Early Morning Dysfunction..

Last night I went to band practice, which went pretty well, considering that our guitar guy couldn't make it. But band practice always leaves me so sleepy the next morning that I sometimes almost forget to get dressed. (I have started to get too lazy to do my makeup in the mornings! But I don't want to talk about that...) They're changing it to Thursday nights starting next week, and maybe that will work out better, since I don't have to work on Friday mornings. Except this Friday morning I'd rather go to work... I have to go back to the dentist instead and have a cavity filled. Bleh.

Last night I thought I'd be cool and set the coffee maker to brew automatically this morning. I forgot to check at what time it would start, however. Last time we did that was when I had to leave for Arkansas at 4:30 am.. so we had coffee in the middle of the freaking night. Yay me. At least it was still warm when I got up, and I am dutifully drinking it now.

L found an infestation of bees in our front yard yesterday when he was trying to water the flower beds. The hose is still lying in the middle of the yard where he left it, because the bees were flying around deciding whether or not to swarm him. He is going to Home Depot today to buy them out of wasp killer. So, to recap, so far we have a snake, many, many spiders, and a truckload of bees in our front yard.

L also got a package in the mail yesterday containing a special collar for Barney that emits a highly annoying noise every time he barks. This is in theory supposed to stop him from barking at night. In reality, it goes off every time he shakes his head, scratches, breathes, or thinks about breathing. Poor guy. L decided last night to see if it would still work if it wasn't on his neck. He put it on top of their crate. I don't know if it worked or not, but at any rate, Barney didn't bark.

On tap for today: A meeting over at the FD building. Project work. Some house cleaning when I get home. And hopefully steak for dinner, if I'm lucky. :)

No comments: