Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Feast or Famine

I have said before that I love my job. I really do. But the way the work comes in sure can be annoying. I had several days this week where I was bored senseless, with nothing to do at all except read boring RFPs and meeting notes.. and then today the proverbial sh!t hit the fan. All of it. Splat!

So now it's the end of the day and I know that tomorrow is going to be insane, and it looks like the rest of my life is looking like it's revving up to be pretty crazy too in the next few months, as I try to figure out what the heck to do about some big ol situations.

Uh oh. I feel a list coming on.. things I am supposed to be doing right now:
1) Planning the wedding. Duh,
2) Planning a party that we are supposed to host for the neighborhood association on May 5
3) Filing a lawsuit on behalf of my mother
4) Making some sort of future plans for my mother, since it is obvious that she is incapable of making them herself, and is not going to become capable in the foreseeable future
5) Working my normal hours at my normal job
6) Starting a dual employment project for another department
7) Writing grants for a nonprofit organization in town
8) Riding and taking care of Trigger
9) Playing with the band, which includes a lot of creative things (like writing new songs) that I have been neglecting for a long time
10) Selling Tupperware (I don't see this ever going anywhere, do you?)
...
And that's just the tip of the iceburg.
SO.. maybe it's time to do some reevaluating. When I get too busy and stressed, I start doing stupid things like forgetting the dates that I am going to be out of town, and spending $100 on tickets to a show during the time I am going to be gone. I did that this week. :-(

The good news is that I am going to be able to reschedule my tickets. So I will get to see Jesus Christ Superstar after all. :-)

I'm going to see Trigger now. He will make me feel better.

1 comment:

The Princess said...

We do need to think about that soon... I love you and will call you in a little while.