Monday, January 29, 2007

You Asked For It

All right. You want more old pictures? I've got old right here. This is Mom and Aunt Jean, circa 1955 or so. They are way too cute to believe, and GM didn't dress them too funny either.
Here's Mom in first grade, around 1956. GM said she told her to make sure she took her sweater off and combed her hair before time for pictures, and she did neither.
And here's where it starts to get a little warped. 1959, 8 1/2 years old. The lace collar makes its first appearance. Peter Pan collars were around well before this, and they are really tolerable on the very young. (I object to them on ME on general principle, but .. you get the picture). The lace is the beginning of a very, very bad addiction for my mother. The dress fabric is pretty mod looking tho.. and Note the strategically placed buttons...

She's still cute, bless her heart. ;-)

2 comments:

The Princess said...

That is the cutest picture I've ever seen of her... OMG she's so cute...
Also I never realized how much her baby pictures looked like some of mine.... I've never even seen the last one you posted till just now!!! Wow and GM had some really cute ones in her old pictures that she wanted in the CM albums. I want to make copy's of some of those.I'm posting now...

Anonymous said...

Ok .... where's the SHirley Temple doll ????