Tuesday, January 09, 2007

There's No Place Like...

I have never been so glad to arrive anywhere in my life.. I am so glad to be home. L made dinner and I sat right down on the couch to watch NCIS and snuggle. A good end to a pretty bad day.

My mom may not ever walk again. She's pitiful, really, and I am worried about my grandparents continuing to take care of her. She is hard to manage, with the walker and the wheelchair and the potty chair and not being able to do anything on her own. It's the most g-- d--- depressing thing I have ever seen.

And my family makes me nuts anyway.

So yeah, I am not in the best mood ever, but at least I am home. Mom has surgery on January 31, to take out the hip she currently has and replace it with another antibiotic implant. That means another three month wait to try once again to get rid of the MRSA infection. But the doctor said today that there is a possibility that they will never be able to get rid of it. In that case, they can never put a normal hip joint back in.. she'll have to continue on without one, which means no walking again, ever.

aaaaaaauurrrrghh.

Ok, I must get back to my snuggling.

No comments: