Tuesday, January 16, 2007

No Horsing Around

Today we have learned a valuable lesson:

Big Brother is indeed watching.

I made a (now deleted) post about an obscure livestock ailment, and the next thing you know, I'm getting calls from the gub'ment. Goes to show, ya don't post anything on the internet if you got the info third hand and you're not sure it's at least 150% accurate.

Could be, could not be. I guess we'll all find out.

Trigger had no idea that when I bought him, he'd become the center of so many controversies.

Anyway, the whole incident makes me think about things people say offhand, even as a joke, that could end up causing them grief.. I used to know someone who used to joke all the time about having an obscure African flesh eating virus. Of course he never did, but anytime he was mad, had the sniffles, or anything else, he'd say "Yep, I've got the obscure African flesh eating virus."

I just picture the Feds breaking down his door and dragging him off for some invasive tests. Tee hee.

...Not that they'd do that. I'd never even imply such a thing, as a matter of fact..

(backing away from the computer..)

6 comments:

The Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Princess said...

and a spell checker... aggghhhh

The Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Princess said...

This defineitly calls for a couple rounds of Spooky fingers!!!=0

o.r.p. said...

Stat Counter is a really cool tool. I can see, for instance, that someone at USDA read my ENTIRE BLOG yesterday.. not just the posts about Trigger. So, yeah. Shout out to USDA in Ft. Collins.. hope you enjoyed the crummy wedding pictures and the embarrassing personal commentary. ;-)
--b