Thursday, January 18, 2007

Pulling the Trigger

Trigger was kind of a brat this evening. I think he was offended by the tests he had to have today, and possibly by the fact that I didn't come out there to be with him until afterward. At any rate, he got an attitude with me when I went to halter him in the pasture, and we had to have a talk with Jesus.

I just lunged him a bit and then brushed and combed him out. He's covered in mud and truly looks like a brown horse much more than a palomino at this point. Bless his fuzzy little heart. I still say he is gaining weight admirably, though.

So now I am sitting at L's computer, drinking a martini (gin today, instead of my usual Goose) and doing some internet surfing while L watches TV and reads the newspaper.

He keeps coming up with these awesome wedding ideas, like imprintable invitations, and little wedding veils for the female guests under 10, and a nursery attendant for people who want to come but have nowhere to keep their boisterous offspring during the ceremony... I swear he is the best ever. I never imagined that a guy would want to be involved with the planning anyway, but he is interested. And a much better planner and idea man than I can ever hope to be.

What can I say? I'm a lucky girl. (Obscure equine ailments and all!)

3 comments:

The Princess said...

okay on to the post of the evening... remember I have to log into MY account through yours so here weeee gooo. These are gonna be GOOd ones SEveral Days worth !!!!

Life Inside the Champagne Bubble said...

Complementary bridal viels for guests under 10...what a precious idea!!
I have always thought Papa Ridgeback's house would be nice for an outdoor wedding. I did an assignment for my wedding planning class here at USC and held my "pretend" wedding at his house. It was fabulous.
Good Luck Planning!
FF

The Princess said...

where's the NEW post I'mm having withdrawls from humor... I can only crack myself up so much you know!!!!