Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Something Strange is Going On Here...

I am not sure I have the energy to contemplate a post about my sister's latest series of (unfortunate) events. ;) Of course I have a lot to say on the subject, a lot of opinions that I could express here, but in the end, who would really care? Would it make a difference? Not likely.

And besides that, there is something really strange going on. It is likely that I will chalk it up to 5 days of Prednisone, ending Monday evening. And the fact that I worked out really hard yesterday. Anyway, there were several strange things that happened yesterday:

1) Right before i left the office, I was sitting at my desk shutting down my computer, and I had this sudden, suffocating feeling, as if there was no air in the room. For about 15 seconds, I was absolutely terrified... and then nothing. Everything was exactly the way it was before it happened, except that my face was flushed and my ears were ringing.

2) I was so hungry by the time I got home from work that I was shaking. I cooked some pasta and ate two entire bowls full before I began to feel like I wasn't going to pass out.

3) Later, I was lying in bed reading a book when I heard something.. it was like a whine or a muffled cry or a deep cough or something, and I didn't know where it was coming from. I thought something was wrong with Barney or Denver, so I jumped up and ran out into the garage to check on them, afraid one of them was choking to death or something. Both were sitting there in their crates, looking at me. In that instant, I was sure that it was L, that he was having a heart attack or choking or something. I don't know why I thought this, but I did.

My heart was pounding so hard I thought it was going to knock me down. Of course L was fine, sitting on the couch watching TV. I imagine that the sound I heard was either the TV or Barney getting ready to howl, or maybe the neighbor's dog outside. I don't know.

4) This morning, I had a hard time waking up. I had strange dreams all night. On the drive in to work, I completely missed my turn and didn't even realize it until I was waaaaaay past where I needed to be. Instead of turning around, I thought I'd just get there another way, and ended up with no idea where the heck I was. Obviously I eventually found my way here, but it was very strange.

So anyway..
Later today we will have new refrigeration and improved cooking power. O Joy!!!

1 comment:

The Princess said...

hey, sounds like you might be having some reaction to the meds. Yes my effing saga continues. That's okay, I think I have a little more insight with each new chapter. This was a big one though, but through each lesson i will learn from the mistakes I made. This one sucks so much because someone that i really trusted to have my back in any situation let me down and there was no sense of loyalty.She still hasn't responded to me and I know she's hanging with Robin tonight. oh, well life goes on. I love you and will talk to you soon.