Sunday, September 10, 2006

Recap

This weekend was too short.

Friday night we went out with CJ and R, of course. We had a great time.
Saturday I went shopping with AC. We also had a great time. I found some beautiful clothes and was sorely tempted to drop a few hundred dollars on a dove gray suit like I have been looking for forever and couldn't find. I didn't, but no one is saying that I won't go back and get it.

Last night we went to the neighborhood luau, which was really fun, surprisingly enough after the last party we went to.. The only problem was that apparently someone didn't practice food safety, and I was sick all night last night. I have been kind of queasy all day as well.

I went to CJ's church this morning. It was tiny. Tiny and pretty nice.. lots of older folks. And they NEED HELP with the music program. CJ was not kidding about that. Jury is still out on whether or not I will start singing there.. but it's a possibility.

I stopped by to see A1 and A2, said hello to Trigger, fed him a horse cookie and petted his ears, and then L and I went to lunch and to the grocery store. We didn't buy as many groceries as we usually do, mainly because we were full and feeling slightly ill. By the time we got home, we were dragging our butts behind us.. we went to sleep on the couch and stayed that way until almost time for dinner.

I wanted to go to New Spring tonight to hear John Maxwell speak. In fact, I had been looking forward to it all week.. but I slept through it. :( OH well. Maybe next time.

L is watching a Kevin Costner movie because he said he can't bear one more minute of the 9-11 propaganda on all the TV stations. I am inclined to agree. Now don't get me wrong-- I am still as angry as the next person about 9-11.. but I refuse to be whipped into some righteous frenzy every time someone says "September eleventh." Neither will I succumb to the fear-mongering that is on the news every night.

It's Un-American and I am not going to do it.

But that's a soapbox I don't have the energy for right now. My stomach hurts.

No comments: