Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm Back

Hi. I'm back from Florida..
Isn't it great coming back from a trip? I love to travel, but strangely enough, one of the best parts is at the end of the trip, coming home to my house, my bed, my shower. I know where everything is here. And my cat is always ecstatic to see us and be petted again.

Anyway, I'm back. It was a good trip, even if it was a long drive. We talked about stuff.. I asked L silly questions and read a few books (Anthem by Ayn Rand, Nickel and Dimed by Barbara somebody, and I started reading Blink, which I will probably finish by the pool momentarily).

I think I must be considered family at L's parents' house now. His sister talked to me for a long time about family stuff. Thinking about it, I guess every family has their "stuff" for lack of a better word. I think mine and L's are pretty much on equal footing, as scary as that is. ;)

Friday night we went to the Downtown GetDown in Tallahassee and ate dinner with K, who I went to middle and high school with, but I haven't seen her in 10-11 years. She was exactly the same as she was in school.. funny, with a razor wit, and smart as hell. She's teaching college english while working on an MFA degree. Basically, she's awesome and I'm really glad I got to see her again.

We went to the game on Saturday. It was HOT and humid and there was some stupid girl behind us who SCREAMED the whole time about this player and that player and how much everybody on the field f*&^ing SUCKED. It was really really annoying, and I was very pleased when they left. Other than that, the game was great. Clemson won (20-27). I am beginning to think that there is something to this whole football thing.. The tailgateing and the bands and the cheerleaders and the huge crowds. It's really a lot more fun that I always thought it would be.

I met several of L's old college buddies. They were nice, funny, slightly drunk people. Overall, the trip was great.

No comments: