Friday, September 01, 2006

It's Friday

This morning I woke to the sound of my incessantly ringing telephone. One cup of coffee left in the coffee maker, one more discussion in an endless stream of them about the same issues with my mother. She has apparently decided that I am "against her" and "in cahoots with the doctor" and that I don't want her to come home. All this because I think she should follow the advice of her doctor. It makes me want to scream. She doesn't want help. She doesn't care about what's best for her. She also has no idea of how to behave like an adult. She's like the dizzy heroines of those old black and white movies who swooned every 4.6 minutes and screamed, whined, or cried about everything. Seriously, it gets exhausting and quite annoying after a while.

Me: "Mom, you need to wait until your blood count is at least in the double digits before you try to leave the hospital.."

Mom: "*GASP* Wuuaaaaaugh! How could you? I'll never forgive you for leaving me here! Nevahhhh!!! *sob, sob*"

Because we all know this is my fault. And then there's her apparent hearing problem:

Dr: I am concerned that you wouldn't have enough space in a standard airline seat for your wound not to be pressed against the armrest. The wound must have enough room so that nothing touches it..."

Mom hears: "You're too fat to fit in a plane seat."

There is no winning in this situation. A smart person would give up.

So I spent a few minutes after this joyful start to the day deciding that I didn't want to do anything I could think of doing. Not songwriting, certainly. Not the pool, or cleaning the house, or going back to bed or eating breakfast or anything, dammit!

So I went to Chick-fil-A with Papa Ridgeback and had a long discussion about things many and sundry. Then I went to the feed store, and then to see Trigger. A still has my keys to my house, and on that keyring is my key to the pasture, so I had to carry the two 50 lb bags of feed by hand. That was fun. : (

But Trigger finally figured out how to sidepass today. He only does it on one side, and only for a few steps, but for him that is huge. I am quite proud of him. He is a sweet boy. I can't wait until I can ride him.

Sundance tried to eat the broom from the tack room.. that was quite comical. He took it and ran into his stall with it, hoping to hide and eat all the bristles before I noticed it was missing.

Then I watched A, C1, C2, and C2's friends, Lil Country Boy and Army Kid try and replaced the stairs to the deck. The were attempting to do this without power tools. It was quite entertaining. Army Kid is alarmingly like J (aka numbnuts) was 10 years ago.

He likes all eyes on him, and he is either talking about the Army, fights he has gotten into since he's been in the Army, how much he knows about "females", or he is singing cadences. My stomach turned when I realized I knew the words to the cadences he was singing. Bleh. Blargh! And he kept telling A3 "when we get married, you ain't gonna..." Of course this was a joke, but I couldn't help thinking, if A3 ever gets it in her head to marry something like that, I'll kidnap her and run away to some college campus far away where she can meet someone with a future who won't cheat on her.

Gee, I'm not a bit biased against Army Kid at all, am I? Heh. He is a nice kid. They're all nice kids. I promised C1 pictures of me and L when we were in high school.. with 80s hair and in L's case, that mustache!!! : )

Tomorrow: Going to Gaffney to pick up rugs.

3 comments:

joe hall said...

Is A3 the A I know?

o.r.p. said...

yep :)

joe hall said...

And that guy talks to her that way?!?!

I papa-pity the fool ... and will do everything essential and anything necessary to assist you in malfunctioning matrimony and circumventing ceremony.

A3 don't do cadence.