Friday, July 07, 2006

Mom, Part MCMXIVV

Mom at the end of May-- in the hospital at UAMS
Mom at the beginning of July-- at the nursing home

I finally got the situation at least partially resolved today-- I spoke with the doctor and the nurse. They came down specifically to talk to me because I went to admin about the problem. Turns out that they have been calling GF whenever I call with a question and telling him to tell me the answer. He doesn't call me and let me know anything because he doesn't hear what they're saying..

There is also the issue of my mother only hearing what she wants to hear, and only telling me parts of the story. I havent' had any idea of what has really been happening out here. This doc is doing the best he can with what he has to work with.

At least now he knows that I am the person to contact, and I will talk to the rest of the family. That will take some of the pressure off, and hopefully they can do the surgery in 2 weeks. I have a much better feeling about everything that's going on now--

So, it's off to the nursing home to tell mother what's going on.. may God have mercy on my soul.. lol

Yesterday she told me that she'd never forgive me for putting her in a nursing home. As if I had anything to say in any of the decisions that have been made. Argh.

6 comments:

Juliet said...

HAHA, sorry for laughing butthe part about grams never forgiving u for putting here ina nurseing home amuses me.. she IS LIKE SOOO DRAMATIC. LIKE TOTALLY. lol we all told her to be alittle more forceful about saying no to going but she decided to just go along with it so she put herslef in that position AND CANNOT blame anyone but the doctors and herslef.. ya know! and i hope that this time u decieded to JUST stay in a hotel. ok i love u and tell L i said i love him too and HEY AND TELL THE STRINGER'S esp c1 and a3.. i said yo.. lol x0x0 JULIET

The Princess said...

ok, well mom looks recognizable now!!! actually she looks GREAT!!! WEll, hope all is well how long r u staying for? are u going back for the surgery? I love u, call me!

The Princess said...

2 things... 1)mom still reminds me of a big baby in that gown butr her hair looks good,and
2)what was the funniest thing that happened to you today???

Juliet said...

hahah grandma does look like a big baby! haha like donnavan!

joe hall said...

Hey,
Try to have patience with the memory thing if you can, it's probably evenmore annoying to the person who has it.

joe hall said...

Hi B,

Uh, oh yeah... Try to have patience with the memory thing if you can, it's probably even more annoying to the person who's got it.