Thursday, July 20, 2006

The New Deal

Well folks, this has been an interesting week. It has contained both one of the worst days I have ever had as well as several really (really.. blush) good things that happened. You've already heard about my terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day.. So. The good things: One of them I will spare you.. but suffice it to say I am feeling good about life. The other involved a certain palomino..

Trigger looks so pretty when he's had a bath. And he is doing so well with the Parelli games! He can be Friendly, he can play the Porcupine game and the Driving game and he can almost Yo-Yo. To non-Parelli disciples, this is a bunch of gibberish, but it makes sense to me and Trig, so it's OK. One thing is for sure.. horses are one of the most relaxing things to me. Getting out there and playing with him and getting filthy and working my @$$ off with him works out all my aggressions, I guess.

Also, I had a strange deja vu yesterday at the barn... it could be one of the reasons I fell in love with Trigger as soon as I saw him, some residual image rattling around in my subconscious.. Anyway I have had recurring dreams of a huge black stallion all my life. I had recurring nightmares as well, but the horse dreams were always good ones. Anyway, this black horse is a big, thick draft horse, with long, curly hair, and he talks. I don't know his name, but he is very very cool. Well after Gracie died, she showed up in the dreams with the black horse. She is almost always with him. And a few months later, a golden colt started showing up with them as well.

Now I know that these are just dreams. Mishmash soup pinned together by my subconscious mind.. and the colt was a little colt-- big-kneed and fuzzy.. but when I had Trigger all shiny and sparkling in the sun after his bath yesterday, I had the weirdest feeling of having seen him before, in the dream, standing with Gracie and the stallion. I'm weird, yes, I know.

Anyway... This week we have implemented a new schedule, and we'll see how it goes. Tuesday and Thursday are "Together Nights" and once every weekend there is "Date Night." We take turns planning it. I had to start (of course.. I am the one in the doghouse, and pretty deservedly, I might add. I didn't think so before, but now I see his point) and so on Saturday we are going to Smoke on the Water for dinner and then to the Greenville Drive baseball game. I'll be sure and post the results of that.. should be interesting. :D

L cooked steaks tonight and I ate far more than I should have. But it was SO good... he even had bleu cheese, which is one of my favorite things. I sipped my cabernet and we watched a Tommy Lee Jones movie.. much lighter than his usual stuff, and funnier. It was stupid, of course it was.. but not quite as vapid as most, and that = good these days.

So. Bathroom is clean, laundry is started, and half the vacuuming is done.. Tomorrow I visit the dentist. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

joe hall said...

You got me ready to try bleu cheese crumbles my tacos. Maybe I mean feta cheese, is that the one? Looks like I'm not sure which one I want and remain clueless as usual about what I mean. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»