Saturday, July 15, 2006

Smells Like..

I just got the strongest whiff of what smelled alarmingly like marijuana. Thing is, I haven't seen that stuff in years and I don't think L ever has. We're in our house with our dogs and out of nowhere... I think my nose is just raw from two days in the pasture with a dead raccoon and two irritated, hungry horses. Yea, and the smell was deafening.

Anyway, needless to say I feel like I have been mowed down by the proverbial MACK truck. My joints ache! My skin resembles well done bacon! My sense of smell will never be the same!

Fence is fixed, though.

My expedition proved successful, after all.. I found a pair of Levi's, practically new, a pair of J Crew jeans, and a pair of Calvin Kleins.. all fit me perfectly, and altogether, they were $10. The J Crew jeans alone would have cost me $75 at the J Crew store. Ah, the power of thrift stores! So, that was good.

Tonight was off, though. L and I went to Flat Rock for dinner (normally outstanding food, though not as good as Bonefish..) where they burnt my steak the first time (I'm talking shoe leather.. I couldn't even get my fork into it) and brought me a raw steak on the recook. It was literally still mooing. Actually, I think its exact words were "Ow, stop poking me!" When I finally got an edible slab of meat, it was tough, I was full of salad and potatoes, and L was already finished eating. Oh, and every loaf of bread they brought out was just hollow crust. Bread is depressing when there's nothing to butter.

Then we went to see "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" which was ok. Despite the fact that by the second time the kraken came to eat the ship I was rooting for it to eat the stinking people already so we could move on to something else.

Then the film broke or something and we sat there in darkness for 20 minutes or so until they decided to turn the movie back on. So.. ok. I wouldn't want to see it again. Davy Jones was interesting, and I liked the fact that the Dutchman's crew were all turning into sea life.. it was interesting to watch their metamorphoses. It distracted me. :)

Best part of the evening involved large pet dogs and leftover steak. They love me so when I have steak for them. Denver is stretched out asleep on the floor beside me right now, and Barney is doing the same in L's office, where he sits at his computer. We IM each other from time to time, from across the house. Life is good...

3 comments:

joe hall said...

Hey B, Wanna trade steak recipes? I'm e-mailing you two I've got, and also one for Patatas Bravas.
ps. Can't remember if you like mushroom sauce ...?

o.r.p. said...

When I get home I will look up some of my better steak recipes for you. :) MMM... beef.. my happy thought for the day....

--b

The Princess said...

where's the BEEF?