Friday, July 28, 2006

Dog Day..

Here is Denver, resting on the pillow shams, on my side of the bed where he likes to be. He is a big baby.

And here is Barney napping in L's office, directly behind L's chair, where he likes to be so that any time L moves, he knows! He likes to make sure that L can't leave the room without him, or even move his chair without runnning over a doggy tail or leg or snout. This dog is madly in love with L and has major separation anxiety when L is out of town.

It's 5:23 and still no news about Mom. We probably won't hear anything until closer to 7.. that's when we heard from the doc last time. I have learned my lesson now. Never pray for patience, because you WILL learn it. I hate waiting, but I am definitely learning how to do it through this ordeal with Mom.

I spent most of the day playing with Trigger and A3 and Sundance (aka Goofus). Trigger has mastered the Circle Game now, and has overcome his fear of the waterhose. He is still a little shy around the bug spray bottle, but he is getting better. He also let me put a leg over his back today. I stood on the fence and rested one leg over his back for several minutes. He stood as still as a rock with his ears turned back toward me.. not laid back, but turned, like he was watching me.

A3 was riding her horse. She looks so good up there! :) I swear, she's such a good kid. If I am ever lucky enough to have a daughter, I hope she's like the Abinator. Seriously. You forget you're talking to a 16-year-old sometimes. And she has a gift with horses.

We're supposed to do dinner with A1 and A2 tonight. I think we've been squeezed into a "networking opportunity" but WTH. We love our friends. (Hey, Papa Ridgeback, if you feel like coming out, we'll be at Sullivan's around 7-7:30 or so and you are welcome to join us).

And now it's off to take a shower and scrape off the sweat, mud, and horsehair I am covered with. The dogs are fascinated with it. They don't know what a horse is, but they love the way it smells!

No comments: