Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sometimes only a list will do. And today it is indeed a LIST:

1) The dentist. It should be sufficient to say that I hate being stabbed with sharp metal hooks, especially that particular way that dentists do it.. stab, thrust, jerk that takes half your gum out with said hook. And this is the best dentist I have found-- by "best" I mean "most gentle" and "leaves the least amount of carnage behind." Still, I have been warned about my Diet Coke addiction and the dangers to my teeth. I have to return to the dentist on the 4th of August to have a filling. O joy! I can think of about 87,000 things I'd rather do.. but then I think about some of the teeth I've seen on some of the local residents and decide I'd better get it done. Quickly.

2) Sleep. It seems like lately I can't get enough sleep. I slept until 11am this morning.. that's 12 hours if you're counting. And I'm still tired. I am wondering if, combined with my general achiness and headaches this past week, this sleepiness is a harbinger of doom.. the flu perhaps? Or maybe just the heat? Who knows?

3) Date night was a resounding success, though. We had sandwiches at Smoke on the Water. The service was horrible, but the food was pretty good. Due to the service, we missed the first pitch, but the game was fun, and the Drive won. Next week it's his turn to plan, and I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. :)

4) My Mother. *sigh* This is like the soap opera that never ends. The one where you watch it and say "There is no way that ANYTHING else can happen to these characters." Well, that's Mom. She now has some sort of virus. She has a 101 degree fever and is aching all over and can't control her bladder. They're not allowing her out of her bed anymore and they're talking about hospitalizing her again. She is supposed to have surgery the 28th, but once again it's looking unlikely, unless they feel that they can do it anyway, which I highly doubt. GF is staying with her as much as he can, but he isn't sounding so hot himself these days, and the last thing he needs to do is catch whatever this is that she has. Meanwhile GM is supposed to have her surgery August 14, which is getting closer every day. And the saga continues...

5) M called today and is supposed to be coming over to visit us.. but we haven't heard back from him and it's almost time to start thinking about dinner.. so.. I guess we'll see if he shows up. Would be good to see him, but I don't know where he disappeared to..

And now, the menu: ginger teriyaki salmon with green salad (raspberry walnut dressing and bleu cheese (of course!)) and broccoli..

1 comment:

joe hall said...

Hi ORP, I think it's only fair that if the dentist gets to hold a sharp instrument, then you should get to hold one at the same time, too (bring one from home; dentists don't like sharing). Hahaha.
It's bad to check your blog after about 7:40pm. Ginger terriyaki salmon? Blue cheese?
Grrrr. So hungry now I could eat my own socks.