Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Flat

I feel remarkably flat this morning. There are several reasons for this:

1) I'm still exhausted and stressed out from Arkansas.. worried about the Mom situation, and feeling pretty.. flat.

2) There are bugs.. roaches.. in my building at work. There was one in my office yesterday, and this morning there was another one in my coworker's office. We sprayed the place liberally with RAID and now it stinks to high heaven. But at least the roaches are gone for the moment. Facilities is going to have to fumigate the place.

3) I wanted to go to the pool this weekend for a little while, but the weather forecast says it's going to rain.

4) The fat meter has been going off again lately, even though the scale says I have lost weight and I've been eating less in general anyway. This was not helped by the Funnniest Thing I Heard Yesterday:

I was looking through our pictures on L's computer, and I pulled up one of me when we were in Charleston 2 years ago.. right after we started dating. L looks over my shoulder and says..

"Wow, look at how skinny you were!"

There was a moment of stunned silence, while his words registered and he realized how deeply his foot was lodged in his mouth. Gee thanks, buddy. You haven't exactly lost weight yourself. :-P

2 comments:

Juliet said...

oh Pulease L knows how wondeful u really are!! and Roaches ew. Me and my cousin Joanna had to kill one like at 2 in the morning and we were so frreaked out we named it Kinicky becuase we didnt want it to haunt us at night. werid yes but importantifu believe in the after life of crazy insects. but anywayz dont get down becuase of grandma.. u'd think that by now we would all have walls to deflect what shes says but..no. Any how. I miss you and i want to come see u really badly! Go on myspace and listen to my song if u can!! i love it.. x0x0x0 Juliet

The Princess said...

slip of the lip.... oh well, pictures can be decieving...I wish this were true in my case!!! Flat is better than FAT!!!