Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Need More Cash

Want to know what's blasting from my office right now?
"Hear the train a-comin
Comin' 'round the bend
I ain't seen the sunshine
In I don't know when
I'm stuck in Folsom Prison
Time is draggin' on.."

I'm on a Johnny Cash kick right now. That guy was amazing.. simple but effective pretty much summarizes his music. On the surface you think.. anybody could play that. And they could.

But they couldn't do it like Johnny Cash.

He never hid behind anything.. not fantastic musical technique, not an "image," not perfect pitch or vocal prowess (a la American Idol), and certainly not a digital mixer or a slick production team.

He just stood out on his own.

His last CD is downright haunting. Seriously. A few of those songs give me chills every time I listen (particularly his rendition of Hurt (originally by NIN)). And a few of his songs can put me in a good mood no matter what.

The Johnny Cash Playlist:
Walk the Line
Folsom Prison
Cry Cry Cry

5 comments:

joe hall said...

Yaa, i dropped by your myspace page this morning and actually heard "I Walk the Line" (now that my speakers work).

Say B, what about "Ring of Fire"?

The Princess said...

I like Jackson.. I think that's the name of it... a duet with June Carter. Did you see the movie.. it's good!!

o.r.p. said...

Oh Yeah.. Ring of Fire, Jackson..
Long Black Veil
I Got Stripes
Get Rhythm..


I could go on..
--b

Anonymous said...

The video for "Hurt" is phenomenal. Really fits the song, which of course is flawless!

Anonymous said...

B
I LOVE him too! Right on.
-F