Saturday, August 25, 2007

Wedding Planning Extravaganza

Yesterday I drove to Anderson for my dentist's appointment only to find that the office was closed. There was one lady there, who said that she had no idea how I had gotten that appointment. Somebody called me and made it. I don't know how that happened, but I would have preferred not to have had to drive 40 minutes one way for no reason.

Then I went to the BW, where I found lots of stuff for ebay, and a few things for myself.. (shall we make a list? Just a small one?)
1) A vintage Esther Williams bathing suit. SOOO fabulous! I am wearing it to the lake party tomorrow, I think.
2) A brand new one-piece bathing suit with a plunging neckline.. it is ridiculously sexy, but very conservative at the same time. Still had tags on it, too.
3) A vintage wool pencil skirt with lots of tucks in the back and interesting seams. Fits like a perfectly tailored glove, too.
4) Several dresses and assorted other stuff which will be appearing on ebay soon..

L and I have discovered Rachael Ray's recipes. Yum-O indeed! I got a copy of her magazine today and absolutely MUST have a subscription. It's every bit as good as Oprah's, just with more food and no Dr. Phil. :-) So far we have made red pepper green beans (which I actually liked! Me! She Who Detests Beans!), ginger pork chops, balsamic spinach salad, and mustard crusted salmon. Tonight we defrosted the rest of the L's lasagna. Ahhhhhh, it's SO GOOD!!! Even from frozen, 3 months later.

Today we went to taste wedding cake and picked our groom's cake and wedding cake designs. Check the wedding blog for a complete description. :-) Then we went to Publix to avail ourselves of the 5-$11 Coke deal, which we are doing again tomorrow so we'll never have to pay $5 for a 12-pack again (cuz tha's how we roll..)

We also went to an invitation store to look at wedding invitations. Obviously, the invitations are our bone of contention, our Herculean struggle. L likes informal, very simple (boring) invitations, and I like formal, traditional, elegant ones. And we are having a formal wedding and all. Just saying. We finally managed to agree on a style.. but now we can't agree on the price. Seems the ones we like are around $450 for the number we need (and those are considered "inexpensive." And no, that does not include the postage cost). We budgeted $250. This is a problem. The only thing we can get for $250 involves an ink-jet printer and some scotch tape. Not. Gonna. Happen.

So, we get to revisit that battle, because we still haven't made a decision yet.

Wedding Planning Playlist:
The Street Where You Live
- Dean Martin

3 comments:

The Princess said...

I sent you a message to the wedding blog. Sounds like you had a fun time.. good cake!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm certain that you already know this... Thermograph looks just as good as the more expensive option.

We ordered ours through Crane Paper (100% cotton--yay going green!!), and got a really good deal because B used to work there, and still knows people who do. We've scrimped in a lot of placees, so we splurged a little on these. The postage is absolutely ridiculous, which is one of the reasons we're doing RSVPs by email rather than including stamped reply cards.

Simple can be very formal and elegant... just depends on your simple!

Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see some pics of you in them swimsuits .... um .... not ... to gawk but ... I just want to check out the workmanship and material quality on them suits .... yeah .... that's right ....

Neil Dimon