Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm Going.

USVI, here I come! In October, that is. L is going to be in training in Tally anyway.. so now neither of us will be home. Except our house-sitter. More on that later. (much later.)

In other news, I'm so broke this week! I am using my travel reimbursement check from Charleston to make an extra payment on my credit card, so that leaves me with $40 for the rest of the week. One semi-good thing, though.. I am so tired of restaurants right now that I can't even seem to make myself eat the lunch I order anymore. Yesterday at Fatz I ate 1/4 of my sandwich and 2 fries before saying "Ewwww." And then today at Ruby Tuesday, I ate my plate of salad, but realized when the check came that one plate of mixed greens and a diet coke was not worth $12.

The sad (happy?) truth is that I can cook better than 90% of the restaurants around here anyway, and I'd rather try out my latest Rachael Ray recipe than go out anymore. I suppose this is good for our budget.

I went for a ride with Trigger today. It was great, as usual. He is such a beautiful horse.. He is kind of a prima donna, but I love him anyway. I would be too, if I were as good looking as he is. :-)

L is watching some kind of gardening show on ETV, and I am finishing up my second glass of white wine (our last bottle!) and trying to decide which housecleaning task I shall take up first...

Tomorrow: Perhaps I will sell Numbnuts' ring? Maybe I will... finally.

6 comments:

joe hall said...

B, I just gotta contradict something you wrote today ... actually, you cook better than 99.99% of restaurants, any restaurants; experience tells me this. And I'm not backing down or fudging a bit about it.
:-)

Hey hope you & L have a GREAT WEEKEND!

ps. No restaurant is your equal!

o.r.p. said...

Awww, look at Joe fishing for an invitation to dinner! :-D
You are welcome to come eat at our house anytime you want, you know. ;-)
--b

joe hall said...

Gee B, you know how driving more than 200 yards gives me the jitters ....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for ratting out my obseesion on that other site.

Btw .... what happened to that Ex JW site. People raved about it but .... I see few good questions .... few good answers .... and little humor. When did it all end ????

Anonymous said...

Obsession .... yeah ... that's it ..... N DIMON

The Princess said...

Good I'm glad your going , you might have been second guessing otherwise...