Sunday, September 02, 2007

Extreme Productivity

Yesterday was very productive. Somewhat annoying, but productive. I ran errands all morning: dry cleaners, alterations shop, nail salon, library, post office.. Then L and ate leftovers for lunch, and went to a jewelry store in the mall so that he could get sized.

He wears a 10 1/2, and will look really nice in a wedding band. Now there's a surprise. :-)

I also consulted with a diamond buyer. I watched him completely take a lady who was there right before me.. gave her $600 for a ring that was clearly worth 3-4 times that. I knew, he knew, and he knew I knew.. so he declined to give me an offer for my ring at all. Fine by me. He said that he didn't like the cut. I will just have to put it in the paper again and see what happens. Or maybe even ebay. We'll see. I might even take it back to the store where I bought it and try for an exchange again.

The guy did say that he'd "kill for the diamond on my finger." L piped up with "So would she!" before I could. It was quite amusing. I gave him my best cowgirl grin and said "And I think I could take you in a fair fight." It was really an amicable discussion, though we all recognized and understood the undercurrents. Needless to say, we will be buying our wedding bands elsewhere.

After that, we went home and cooked New York strips on the grill. L marinated them in some sort of garlic and herb marinade. They were delicious. After that I cleaned the entire house and did the laundry. It's really sparkly in here.

Then we went to bed...
*sigh* (well, that sigh is more like a purr...)

This morning I had brownies for breakfast with my coffee. I am contemplating whether to go to the barn and ride today, or whether to stay here and do something else instead.

Tomorrow: The Clemson-FSU game at Death Valley! Go TIGERS!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh... jewelry salespeople...

We met a few choice samples of sliminess in our searching for B's ring. One person was bound and determined that, even though we didn't like the ring that he had to show us, that *I* would most certainly want to get some earrings instead. blech. I'm so glad that my rings are a family set (they were my grandmother's), and so only needed to be sized.

Good luck with it!! (though it sounds like you're savvy enough to be able to tell when someone's trying to pull a fast one on you!)

The Princess said...

Asshole's! Some people are such slimeballs... I'm glad your day was good, I don't really have anything to write about and I'm NOT excited about anything so I haven't really posted.
BTW you look THIN in that pic you posted... Woot Woot...Hope the same thing happens to me..
I haven't had much of an appetite in the past couple of weeks.... =\

Francake said...

You do look extremely thin! Happy Labor Day, B!!
-f