Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's Sunday Already?

It's been a strange couple of weeks..

We've had wedding issues, we've tried to deal with the invitations issue.. We sent them back, just waiting for our refund now. L is trying to rein in the wild fantasies of some of his family members about what the wedding is going to be like.. and bring the focus back to the we are getting married part. It has turned into a chance for certain people to live vicariously, and/or a chance for an elaborate family reunion.

I've been boiling about a situation at work, and actually explained my theory to AC last night. I probably should have kept my mouth shut, but I have been thinking it for a long time. I don't think she would make an issue of it at work.. and if it came down to it, I don't think I would be afraid to say everything I said last night directly to the person in question. I just think that working with that person may be difficult after such a revelation. Then again, it may improve things.. they couldn't get a whole lot worse, after all...

L and I went to our first premarital counseling appointment yesterday as well. It was actually pretty nice. Our counselor is an African-American preacher from Gray Court who is very laid back, very funny, and very reasonably priced. He gave us homework.. I get to ask L any three questions and he has to answer them.. or at least explain his reasons for not answering, and he gets to make me slow down and/or come home instead of doing some activity. We also have to rent King Kong and watch it together. Then we have to write a page each about what we think the movie is about. We can't compare notes though.. we just have to bring them with us next Saturday.

Later: Trigger!

1 comment:

Francake said...

That actually sounds like fun...wow. I am so sick of these uber busy weeks I am having, do you feel the same?
-f