Monday, September 24, 2007

An Ode to L..

In the past few weeks, the following things have gone haywire:
1) My sister
2) A situation at work
3) Wedding planning is always haywire
4) The band (wtf is going on there.. anybody know???)

I was driving home from work (by way of A-Town) today feeling very low and depressed. I thought to myself, why can't something be NORMAL.. just one thing in my life!!! Why does everything have to be so hard and emotionally draining and f***ing difficult? Why do crazy people follow me everywhere I go? Why am I constantly dogged by drama that I can't ever ever ever get away from?

Don't tell me the Lord doesn't have a sense of humor. Don't even try.

Because just about then L called. He was wondering when to expect me home, and wanted to tell me that he had steaks marinating in the fridge and needed to know what we should eat with them (long grain and wild rice, with salad, I said. And lo! It was good.)

Right this minute, I am going to be very very serious:

Thank God for that man. He is the best thing that ever happened to me. He's my best friend and my favorite pastime. He makes me happy when skies are gray, etc etc.

So I sat down on the patio in our backyard with a glass of wine and the new Oprah magazine, while the steaks sizzled on the grill.. and read an article that made me sit there with my mouth hanging open for a full minute..

Because everything that has been frustrating the heck out of me for the last 2 months was right there on the page, along with a handy synopsis of what I need to be doing about it instead of complaining. Just goes to show that even if you don't read the Bible much, God will still find a way to tell you what He thinks you should know (no matter what the Jehovah's Witnesses say!) It might be Oprah, it might be a bald man with a steak, or it might be a particularly stubborn young palomino horse.

He'll tell you, and keep telling you until you shut up and listen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the bald man with a steak got me laughing for sure! :}

Anonymous said...

Someone once asked me why God has to use a 2x4 to get through to us.

I said that most of the time we don't listen any other way.

I'm glad that you've found someone so wonderful!

The Princess said...

Thanks for being so patient with me. I knowI have been a draining suckhole the last 2 weeks. I was handling the whole car explosion thing pretty well until we had to throw some emotional BS in there. I love you sooo much and really do appreciate the patience and love you have shown me these past 2 weeks. Work has been a bitch and Next week will be much MUCH better. I love you miss and Thank God for L.=))

Francake said...

This is a good post. L is a keeper, for sure.
-F