Saturday, December 23, 2006

Who's Counting

I'm feeling pretty good about life at the moment, despite a momentary lapse into self-doubt and depression earlier in the week. I do that every so often.. start thinking negatively and it snowballs and pretty soon I'm slogging around in a gray funk, snapping at everyone and hiding from mirrors and imagining myself as some angry, gelatinous, unlovable hulk.

And then I remember that God likes me anyway, and so does my horse. And people who are shallow enough that they would expect anyone to be perfect in every way all the time (the things I expect from myself 99% of the time) are not really people I'd care to surround myself with, if you catch my drift. Now I could go further down that road, and wonder what that says about me, whether I am one of those people.. but I'd rather write a list instead.

(As an aside, L says that no one can live their lives based on a list. I replied that if I didn't write so many lists, I'd never remember anything.)

1) Schick's Intuition razor is the most excellent hygeine product I have ever tried. Seriously, it makes the pain in the @-- chore of shaving one's legs very very easy and my legs feel so good right now, i could almost swear they're not mine.

2) Trigger is an excellent horse. Have I said that before? I took him on a 3 hour trail ride, his first in a month, and he did so good!! I know that's gramatically incorrect and I should say so well but good is what he did, so there.

3) And Ok, I will post the second installment of the Marriage Made in Hell before I leave for NC in the morning. I will be out of town until the 28th, so the Junction won't be updated after tonight. See you after Christmas...

No comments: