Monday, December 18, 2006

Bathing Beauties and Other Oddities

Would you ever think that these two would grow up to be pin-up girls? Yeah, they were wild women from the start.. their own grandmother decided that they were "Arabian mares in heat" when at the tender age of 17 or so they wanted to shave their legs and trade their pinafores and lace collars for straight skirts and big hair. Ah, such is life.

This picture was taken before most of the splashing commenced.

This is my sister, in costume. You might think this was a Halloween costume, only we never celebrated Halloween. Or it could be a costume for a play or a school event, except that we weren't allowed to do any extra-curricular activities at that age. No, dear readers, this get-up was what my sister was required to wear as a flower girl in someone's wedding. You should see the atrocities worn by the bridesmaids!

And the ginormous hat worn by the bride defied gravity. One of these days I will post some Wedding Pictures from the Planet Ugly... even if I can't remember whose weddings they were (if I was even born at the time), the pictures are unbelievable.

Un. be. lievable.

3 comments:

The Princess said...

wow, We are soooo freakin' cute!!! My hair had obviouslewy been braided again, hence the zigzags... That pic of me in the wedding was Gynn Champney's wedding, I remember thinkg how beautiful she was, She looked like one of those 60/70 models long straight hair eyemake up for the era... Must find pics... You have some goddies!!!

o.r.p. said...

Oh, I have pics of the whole wedding party.. numerous wedding parties, actually. Some of them will burn your eyes with their color choices alone! LOL

This is really fun.. post more pics!
--b

joe hall said...

Yes, yes! Burn my eyes, please!