Sunday, November 19, 2006

I Am Not the Brightest..

I posted a few more 1980s pics with lots of commentary, but I put it on the "Pic of the Day" blog, and Blogger won't let me copy and paste it onto this one. So if you want to read it, go there and then come back. :)

I had a truly bizarre dream this morning. I was at an Assembly (It's a JW thing, y'all. be glad you don't understand) and there was this dark haired, pimply guy who was following me around. He kept walking so close behind me that I could feel him pressing against the whole length of my body. Every time he touched me, he left a coating of oil so thick I couldn;t wipe it off, and it made me so sick. Mom and the Elders were trying to force me to marry him, and he kept trying to "direct me" and tell me what to do. We went outside the auditorium and it started raining really hard and the building changed somehow. I knew that the only way to get away from Grease Boy was to climb over this rickety rope bridge thing that led to a tiny door high up in the side of the building. Everybody was trying to climb it, and people kept falling off into the murky water far below.

I climbed and climbed and finally made it to the door. I was sure that my school was on the inside and once I got there I would be safe. Some lady was telling me about a black man who took his two kids into peoples' houses and then raped the women when they came home from the store, and I was trying to figure out why she was telling me that while dangling off a rickety rope bridge, but I struggled through the door which got smaller as I tried to fit through it. There was a ladder that led down into a kitchen, and there were nails sticking out of every surface. I finally made it down, only to realize that I was in a house, not a school, and that the black man and his kids were in the living room.

"We've been waiting for you" they said, and I offered to make them a sandwich as if they were guests. Somehow I made a break for it and ran down the street (it was still raining). I happened upon a party that was going on and ran inside. All of the people there were middle aged, drunk. There was an older guy there who started doing the exact same thing that Grease Boy was doing, only he didn't leave the oil behind. Still, I wanted out of there, but when I took off again, they chased me.

I ended up with a black girl, building a tower out of sheet metal, where she did some kind of rain dance or something, to fool the people who were chasing us into thinking that we were angels or something. She was an awesome dancer. While she danced, I actually forgot that this was supposed to be a nightmare, until she fell off the tower and went splat, so i had to finish the dance, and all I could seem to do was the hoe-down stomp. When I looked down, I could see the people below starting to dismantle the tower.

I felt a hand on my ankle, and looked down to see a woman lying on the floor of the tower. A big fat woman in a hot pink terry housedress, with truly horrible teeth and short frizzy hair. "They're all crazy" she said, and kept trying to kiss me. "I'm the only one who can keep you safe" she said. And she was. I knew she was.

I woke up at 7:14 am, shuddering and nauseous. Forget going back to sleep after that! I have to figure out what causes those crazy dreams and stop doing it. Bleh.

Later: Watching TO rope cows, and another new saddle for Trigger..

1 comment:

The Princess said...

wow me and you and the night TERRORS what a horrible feeeling to wake up and carry that fear around the first hour or so you are awake. My worst dreams are bout NC and KH and people not allowing me to do anything i want, Frightning. and I always feel like i'm gonna puke while I'm fighting trying to explain that i'm not a Badd person... WTF did they do us? "Programed for Fear"