Sunday, November 05, 2006

Busy Being Lazy

L and I have been busy. Friday I took Trigger on a trail ride and he was an absolute angel. No problems whatsoever. Yesterday we went to the Library for new books (I've already read Cell by Stephen King since yesterday-- not his best work, but not bad) and to Bailey's to watch half of the FSU and CLemson games. We went to PetSmart where an employee who looked like a drug addict tried to sell me an English saddle "becuz they's cheaper an it dutten make a differnce, does it?" I gave her a brief lecture on the reason why "cheaper" is much, much worse in the equine world, and why you never try to sell an English rider a Western saddle or vice versa.

They did have a nice Circle Y saddle there for only $900. Too bad I didn't win the lotto or anything.

Then we went to Lowe's and Home Depot and bought plants. Lots of plants. We got Rosemary and Camellias and Gardenias and Azaleas in every imaginable color! Today we planted most of them in the back yard and talked about our plans to build a patio in the "very tippy-back" yard (as my sister and I used to say when we were younguns). The air was crisp and the leaves were all brown and yellow and red and falling all around us. There were black birds in the trees and Canadian geese honking in the field across the creek. It was a very Hallmark afternoon..

Before that, I cleaned the house and L bathed the dogs, and after, he watched football and I worked on my scrapbook. He is now hanging pictures (at last!) on the walls, and I have just put two filets of salmon in the oven.

For Papa Ridgeback's (do not read after 7 pm) Benefit:
Salmon is marinated in Gentleman Jack and brown sugar, topped with pecans, lots of cracked black pepper, parsley, and a touch of garlic.

The best part? The evening isn't over yet.. I have lots of snuggling on the couch left to do, and a new Ron Rash novel to read (Saints at the River.. and if it's as good as One Foot in Eden, I will be reading all night!). And I don't have to work tomorrow.

Guess where I will spend my day?
With Trigger, of course!

1 comment:

joe hall said...

Hey, thanks for sparing me the late-night hungries. But it's 9:24am now, and I'm wondering if I could replace Gentleman Jack with Mrs Butterworth's, and use the same recipe with pizza rolls.