Monday, November 20, 2006

Busy B

Today has been hectic in a way that only workdays before a holiday can be. Classes to teach, deadlines to meet, 5000 phone calls every hour, double that in emails, and at the bottom of it all a happiness in knowing that this workweek is going to be over tomorrow. :)

Last night we went to watch T.O. rope cows with a bunch of other guys. We watched one guy beat his horse in the head with his rope because he missed a throw he felt he should have caught. Because somehow that's the horse's fault, right? Pfft! We saw another guy's horse slip and fall, landing on the rider's leg. Luckily no one was hurt. And T.O. is something else to watch. He rides with no hands, basically, and when he's throwing the rope, it looks like he and the horse are one creature, not two. It's really cool. I took some pics, but I haven't uploaded them yet. Maybe I can post them tomorrow.

Tonight is band practice, then home for some leftover chili (L makes awesome chili, y'all. His chili and my cornbread make for a very good dinner!) Tomorrow, work and then play-- I'm going to see Trigger and try out my new saddle that T.O found for me (it's really cool.. pics of that tomorrow too.. or maybe wednesday.)

1 comment:

The Princess said...

Hey Brigette, don't forget to call me I'm still up till 12:30, sewing something for Thanksgiving. love ya, Kim/Sam