Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Grind

The last two days at work have been pretty heinous. I dealt with one of the most unprofessional people with one of the biggest egos and the worst biddy complex I've ever seen. (Biddy complex, you ask? It's that tendency that women have to pick at other women, noted especially common among the 50-60ish women in the office. They're definitely not all that way, but the ones who are certainly are insufferable.)

Anyway, then I started getting emails from the old bat again. I was quite proud of the fact that I didn't dignify them with a response.

I ran 2 1/2 miles today at the gym, plus yoga and stretching after. I am really kinda sore, but it's a good thing.

I watched Survivor and CSI... Am I turning into a TV person after all these years?! God forbid! But I must admit that there are shows that I really do enjoy. Survivor is my favorite. I think I should be on that show. I think I could take it. I also love Extreme Home Makeover and What Not to Wear. I'd like to get my sister on What Not to Wear just so she could have $5K and a really good time. Maybe that would cheer her up. Next entry is for her. Get ready for that one.

Anyway, I found out today that a former co-worker of mine from the restaurant, a big, cute-in-a-scruffy-kinda-way line cook, has made finals on American Idol in Greensboro NC. Soon the AI folks will be in our neck of the woods. People at work have asked me if I am going to audition.. I probably won't though. I'm not a pop singer and I don't think I'm slick enough for that audience. I do have a first rehearsal with a new band on Monday. Jazz.. :D Something new for me.. I think I will love it.

I'm off tomorrow.. going to do some cleaning and some crafties and maybe dinner with some friends... Saturday we are going to look at some land. Update on that later, after I see if L likes it as much as I do.

And now I am off to type another blog entry...

No comments: