Thursday, October 13, 2005

EJECT

Sometimes I would really like to have an EJECT button. I could use it in any situation to eject certain people, feelings, or circumstances from my life with the push of a button. Deadbeat ex-husband.. Bam! Gone! Endless debt... EJECT. Not anymore! The entire organization of Jehovah's Witnesses.. boop. No longer a problem. My family would have no reason to act like they come from the planet Weirdo. And most of all, I'd eject the rampant stupidity. It's a veritable pandemic.
This morbid stupidity is especially apparent among women, especially those old biddies who have nothing better to do than flap their sagging jowls about other people who have more important things to do. Oh yes, my friends, I have become the subject of yet another gossip mill. It seems to happen everywhere I go. It doesn't matter what I wear; someone will always say it's too tight or too short or something. That even happened when I worked at the hospital and had to wear regulation scrubs just like everybody else. It doesn't matter how professional my manners; some old bat will always make up a rumor about me having some sort of illicit affair. This time I am rumored to be having an affair with our VP, with whom I have exchanged maybe 15 words in our entire acquaintance.
I have to wonder where the hell this comes from. I wish there were a simple solution... EJECT. But there's not. I've examined every aspect of my professional persona and I can say that:
1) I see nothing wrong with anything that I wear to work. I don't wear short skirts, and I don't wear low cut shirts.
2) I do not flirt at work. There is no one here that I have any desire to flirt with. Not even remotely.
3) Maybe I am a little too open and friendly to everyone, and maybe I should not be sociable. I don't think that makes much sense, but that's all I can think of.
It makes me so freaking angry that I have to put up with that kind of crap!
Anyway I did buy a new hard drive yesterday. I'm not quite up to par again on my home computer, but I'll hopefully be there soon. Getting all of my data back from the old hard drive is a different story. I think I may have to accept that all of that stuff is gone forever. : (

2 comments:

The Princess said...

Old bittys and Bats are going to be around everywhere you go. Believe me, what you wear has nothing to do with it. The fact that you are younger, smarter, more professional, that's where the jealousy {sp} lies. Noone would dare admit they are jealous of that, so they bad mouth you about other things. It dosen't mattter if it holds any merrit or not. My advice is, ignore it and act like you don't even see it. Be oblivious to their stupidity and negativity. To address it is to even give it a second thought.
Don't even dignify the rumors with acknowledgement.
By the way, all the biddys at my work are at least 40 and over. The other few girls are nice but not jaded food servers as the ones that are closer to retirement in their feild!!! =0
I love you.

Nimba and Rubi said...

drjdyj