Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Good Evening and Welcome..

..to the Dysfunction Junction semi-nightly news.

L has been home since Sunday, and right this minute he is in bed, and not feeling well at all. I know it must be bad.. he doesn't go to bed before 11 unless he's really feeling bad. Poor guy.

In other news, a lady at work had a cat stuck under her car when she arrived today. It was a kitten, probably about 4-5 weeks old. It survived the trip from her town to work (about 15 miles) and aside from being covered in brake dust was just fine. This was the cutest kitten I think I've ever seen.. calico with orange tips on her ears, and a white mustache under her little nose. She had blue eyes and six toes on each paw. I swear, it looked like she had opposable thumbs, and she can grip things with them, too! It's wild!

My boss took her home for her little neice. If she hadn't, L would probably be unhappy with me right now, because I would have come home with another cat. Monster would probably hate me forever if I'd done that. So it's just as well.

And now I am trying to decide which task I need to tackle first this evening. I have been putting off the balancing of my bank accounts because I know I am far, far in the hole this month. I have one ebay bid on the ring, but unless more people really start bidding soon, it won't sell. I have to list the other stuff on ebay soon, because I need some cash, and the room in the garage wouldn't be bad either.

I went to the gym again today. So far I am doing well on my "workout every day" plan. I ran 2 miles yesterday, and a mile and a half today. Tomorrow it's back to 2, until I can do it without too much trouble, then I'll go to 3, and so on. I can definitely feel the difference, but unfortunately I can't see the difference yet. I hope that happens soon. My pictures from HH really brought home to me the fact that I am starting to look rather like a wide load.

Not being perfect is one thing. Looking like a tube sock stuffed with cottage cheese is another. It's been a few weeks, and I still haven't lost my first 10 lb. I wouldn't have the money right now for my promised trip to Victoria's Secret anyway, but I wouldn't argue with saving the reward for later if I could feel a little better about myself.

I'd really actually like a nap right now, to tell the truth. But if I do that, I'll never get anything else done. So I'm off to be productive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Princess said...

hi, i wish you could call me I tried you on your phone a couple of times I'm going to bed soon though i'll try to call one more time before bed. love ya.