Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Good News is...

I can get a new hard drive for $39.99 after mail in rebate. Blah blah blah. It's looking like that's what will happen. L and I tried everything last night, and it wouldn't even start from a boot disk. The boot sector is gone, I think.

So, rather than try to reformat and lose everything on the drive anyway and still not be able to restart the computer ever again, I guess I will buy a new drive, and then assign my current drive as a slave so I can recover my stuff.. hopefully that will work. It is a royal pain in the rear.

In the meantime until I get my financials running again, I'm in deep crapola. I have bills due and I have no idea where the checks go because I havent actually mailed them in so long. Everything has been online, and all of that information is automatic in the software now. With no paper records and no way to retrieve my files yet, I'm kinda stuck. Meh.

When it rains it pours, I guess.

1 comment:

The Princess said...

if you know the company to pay just call and get the address,they will be happy to oblige i'm sure...=] i'm glad you can fix the computer for relativley cheap. love you.