Thursday, May 24, 2007

Massive Updates

Well once again I have been so busy that I haven't had time to post anything for several days.. but I have lots of news.

First, a short NP update. I have gotten off track slightly with the NP, but I haven't forgotten. One of my things is going to happen right here, right now, as a matter of fact. I know that my sister reads every post I put up, and so this is a good place to say it. I am so proud of my sister! She is still in that tough, dues-paying portion of her new career, but girlfriend is working it. She is overcoming tremendous odds in landing the job that she has, and is working harder than I've ever seen her work to make it. She's kicking a$$ and taking names, despite a crazy ex who calls 900 times a day, a history of tough breaks, an uncertain financial situation, and a jealous ex-wife-in-law. She's also raising a gorgeous Attitude who is 16 and requires constant supervision. And did I mention that she's doing all of this with no college degree? Yeah.
Besides that she is beautiful, funny, smart, and the best sister in the history of the world. (Even though she did try to kill me when we were kids. Heh.) Sami, you're the best friend a girl could have. I love you!

I promise more NP updates to come.

In other news (and there's a lot), a LIST:
1) I am blonde again. All is right with the world, eh?
2) My car broke down yesterday. I need a new tire, a new fuel filter, and a good engine cleaning. Oh, and new wiring. That about covers it.
3) My wedding dress arrived!!!!! It is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and it fits perfectly. It will only need the most minor of alterations. Check tomorrow for a wedding news update.
4) Duckie is settling in well, but Monster is very very upset with ..well.. with everything in his life right now. He seems to be terrified of Duckie and growls at him from afar. Duckie is sublimely unconcerned. He is very playful, but when he's not whirling around like an insane dervish on crack, he's sleeping and purring his little head off. The vet said he weighs 2.3 pounds, but it's 2.3 pounds of pure dy-no-mite.
5) There is someone at work who I would dearly love to throttle right now. Unfortunately, I can't do so, and I really can't complain about it too much because dealing with this sort of thing is actually my job. So. Pray for my teeth, that I don't grind them into nonexistence before this proposal leaves my desk.
6) My mother makes my head hurt. That's all I'm going to say about that, for fear that I will become horribly depressed.
7) Trigger looks like a million bucks. Man, is he nice and shiny!!! But the back pasture is a long way to walk to, and the deer flies are horrible out on the trail. I'm looking for a good fly-annihilation method. Anybody know any? (I'm serious, those suckers are evil and they must DIE!)

And now I have a dinner to attend..

1 comment:

The Princess said...

awwww thank you sweetie... I love you tooo. BUt That picture makes me look like a squirrel... no a chipmunk there cheeks are fatter... My gawd I look crazy... Oh well I look pretty crazy in the ones on my blogg as well!!! Hey... does that mean???? OMG maybe i am ,hehehehahahaha. N' thank you for the kind words, they made my day!!! LOVE YOU