Saturday, May 12, 2007

What's the Buzz, Tell Me What's a-Happenin..

Last night was great.

L and I went to eat at High Cotton, which was outstanding. Even though we got the table we always get in every restaurant, for some reason.. the microscopic one right next to the kitchen door. I had venison, L had yellowfin tuna. The food really was fantastic.

Jesus Christ Superstar was awesome, as always. Corey Glover was stunning as Judas, technical difficulties and all. I think the sound guy was struggling a little last night. Ted Neely was still good, but his voice made it clear why this is his "farewell tour." It was a stretch for him last night, I think, to play a vital, 33-year-old, perfect man.

L says that the show was totally different on the London stage where he saw it last. It's amazing how different groups can interpret the same music and the same lyrics in an entirely different way.

I also realized last night that I miss the theatre. I haven't done a play since around 1997, I think. It might be fun to audition for something sometime. But not in A-Town.

And now I am off to Nashville for a conference. I will be back home on Thursday. I discovered a massive thrift store extravaganza only a mile from our hotel, so look for updates on my amazing discoveries later in the week! (I love the bad-won't!! And, sadly, my sister is the only one who will probably get that statement..) Anyway, I'm going to get a few minutes of snuggle time in before we have to leave for the airport...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting back into the theatre has been great for me! I highly recommend it!

The Princess said...

Keep trying throuout the week, It wil rotate. I'm gonna call you back.