Thursday, September 15, 2005

Tragedy Strikes

Forgive me, I'd written a whole post here, which now mysteriously is missing.

It was all about Gracie and how she broke her leg coming through the front of the horse trailer. How I have no idea why or what happened. One minute we were getting ready to go trail riding and the next she was bleeding and a leg was broken and I was facing that fact that she may get put down.

The vet says she has a chance to live, but that she'll never be a trail horse again. I doubt she will ever be ridden again. But I'd rather see her alive as a pet than the alternative.

There are so many risks though, and no guarantee that the surgery will work for her. I hope it does though.

I am heartbroken, of course. The best horse in the world is ruined for no reason.

1 comment:

The Princess said...

I'm sorry to hear about Grace, It seems funny to say that, seeing as how my mind goes straight to another person I know named Grace. At any rate I'm sorry. I know it is devastating{sp} I'm going to bed now I'm tired. Cm thing went well, doin it again during the week this week... wish you were here...