Sunday, September 04, 2005

News from the Medicinally Addled

I took NyQuil last night. That stuff knocks me on my ass every time. I am, for sure, violently ill. The last thing I ate was lunch yesterday, and that's definitely not like me. I have become a bona fide eating machine. It seems in the last few years I have bounced back big from that little eating disorder problem. I think about my grandfather, and that this is the trait I have inherited from him.. mealtimes are the best times of the day.

Of course in his case, food is the only sensual pleasure he is or has ever been allowed, so he takes it seriously. Maybe a little too seriously for his health. I have lots of other outlets for the sensual in life.. music, art, sex. So food doesn't have to be primary. I really think that my metabolism has taken a nosedive though. I think it just gave up finally after fighting the good fight for so many years. One can't really blame it. It's got to be a hard job.

Anyway, back to the point, I skipped dinner and breakfast. My hands are sweating. My cat thinks there is something wrong with me as well, because he keeps latching his whole body around my foot and biting my heel, kicking at my toes with his hind feet. I hope that I am feeling better by tomorrow morning.. I'd hate to miss work, especially with the big meeting on Tuesday to present my database project to the powers that be. But if I'm still feeling like this tomorrow, I may be driving to the doctor's office instead. Again. Dang it.

No comments: