Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Operating at 60% Capacity..

I'm back on the job, y'all. Everybody can go back to normal. :)
I am feeling better, though I am still sniffling and coughing and tonight I had a scary episode of being unable to breathe. But I recovered and had a nice hot shower, and now I feel better than I have felt since.. at least last week.

There is something about being squeaky clean, slathered with lotion (mmm, cinnamon!) and decked out in big fat wool socks and L's shirt, which hangs to my knees. I feel very.. comfy.

Of course, there is another reason to smile today. A new work schedule was approved today, meaning that starting in October, I get Fridays off. Yeah, you heard right. I will work long days on Monday through Thursday and have Fridays all to myself. Every weekend will be a long weekend!

So.. today I am feeling better, and I find out I get Fridays off, and we had steak for dinner. This is a pretty good day, I think, respiratory illness notwithstanding. The weather is nice too. But I think I need to be snuggled on the couch with the world's best boyfriend, and not sitting here blogging.

1 comment:

The Princess said...

that sounds great ,you'll have every friday to chill and do whatever you want, that will be very nice!!!Maybe you would like to come visit me for a three day weekend!!! I know I'm coming up there to visit you soon prob,in Oct or Nov.We have to make those plans...I know we have both been to sick this weekend, but now we can.=}