Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Biggest Ahole on the Block, Foshizzle

I read and article today on contactmusic.com that just ticked me off. Actually, I found the article through a link on fark.com, which is one of my all time favorite sites on the web. It's full of strange news and general hilarity. But anyway..

This article is on the vociferous celebrity known as Kanye West. Now until recent days, I had no opinion on Mr. West. I am not generally a fan of his music. After his outburst at the awards show, I thought he was rather immature and just another brainless Bush-basher like the rest. But this really takes the cake and proves what a racist asshole he is.

Before I get to the article though, let me pause just a moment to say that blaming Bush for everything bad that happens in this country, including the weather, is like a pimply little bagboy at the local grocery store hating and blaming the CEO of the company that owns the grocery store chain because somebody farted and stunk up the break room. Can I leave it at that? I think I can.

So. Here's the little gem that pissed me off and started this rant. It's titled "West Reveals Racial Lines in Slang Use." As if Kanye West has some mystical knowledge that he is stepping down from his gaudy rapper-throne to reveal to us slavering masses. As if anybody gives a good goddam about the sanctity of slang. Blargh!

The opening line of the article:
"Hip-Hop star Kanye West is advising his white counterparts that they can only use certain slang terms when they're out of style for black people." He's advising now. Not to mention blatantly racist. Don't think so? How about this: "Country music star Kenny Chesney is advising his black counterparts that they can only use certain slang terms when they're out of style for white people." Would you call that racist? Erm, YES. But oh I almost forgot, it's not racist when someone from a non-white ethnicity does it, only when a white person does. My mistake.

Ignore that grinding sound. It's just my teeth contemplating one of my pet peeves.

Moving right along.. a quote from our new overlord, the Director of the Ministry on Slang Enforcement himself:

"Actually, I do not think that (white people) are allowed to use slang until it is at least a year old. If you say a slang word too early, it's like you're trying to be black. So as long as the slang is a little played out, you're all good."

Hm. Kanye West doesn't care about white people. Whine, whine sniffle.

First of all, who the hell does this guy think he is, telling an entire ethnic group what they can and cannot say? If he doesn't want people using certain words, then perhaps he and his esteemed colleagues should stop using those words in their songs, which fans listen to and emulate. Many of those fans are white, and their money spends just as well as the money from black fans.

Kanye West needs to get over himself. With statements like this and his tirade about the President, he is showing the world what a small minded little racist he is. I sincerely hope his 15 minutes of fame are fleeting.

No comments: