Thursday, January 31, 2008

Coming Down

..But not really coming down at all.

More like full steam ahead.

I am so busy at work that I will never dig my way out from under the mountain. And once again I am the subject of the rumor mill. Never mind that I suspect that the gentleman in question is actually carrying on a clandestine thing with someone else. Never mind that he is old enough to be my dad. Never mind that I have really buttoned it up this past month. No more jeans to the office, always wear hose, no low cut blouses, nothing tight or short. I am a married woman, as well.. a VERY RECENTLY married woman.

And yet, old biddies will always be old biddies on a fact finding mission. This is all very cryptic for most of you, I know, but I can't give out identifying details for fear it'll make the problem worse. Suffice it to say that there is another very specific individual in our office who deserves the "office ho" label way more than I do. I think it's ridiculous that some people always think people are having some kind of affair if they are ever seen within 15 feet of one another. Jeez.

Anyway I will be out of there soon, I think. I'm hoping for a call about an interview very soon. I'm keeping a lookout for the smoke signals and keeping my mouth shut.

L is feeling better from his bout with the flu, but he is still slightly cranky. I am extremely cranky today, however, and not just about work. I am in the midst of the worst bout of PMS I have ever had. EVERYTHING is getting on my nerves right now. It is a struggle not to snap the head off of anyone who speaks to me about ANYTHING. I really need to cut my losses and call it a day, but I still have too many things to do. :-[ Even the doggets are annoying me.

Barnie keeps slurping water out of his bowl, and it makes an annoying noise. Denver keeps shoving his nose under my arm and into my ribs because he wants attention. I am being a real bitch about it, and I know it. They are just dogs. I am just in a bad mood and my back hurts. L has already asked me if I would like to go give the cats a good swift kick in the interests of fairness.

I glared at him and continued eating my lukewarm leftovers. I didn't feel like cooking.

In other news, it's cold. Brrrryzzz!!

No comments: