Friday, January 11, 2008

uuuuuuuughpdate

The bridal shower was really nice. We have lots of thank you cards to write. :-) I was having a pretty good day, as you can imagine.

And then..

On the heels of the shower (such a nice experience), I find out that I have made a mistake and it came up at audit of one of our projects. It was an honest mistake, and frankly I don't think it's such a huge deal. We are able to fix it, and it's not as if it anyone is going to die (or even not get their money) because of it. It's basically the wrong 3-digit code put in the wrong little box on a form. I, however, will probably be written up for it, which infuriates me.

Not because I don't deserve to be written up.. I do, it was my mistake and it is a bad thing for our department. No, I am really angry because I perceive a disparity between my work and that of a certain other person in the office who shall remain nameless.. and yet here I am with the first issue like this in 3 years. I realize that I have a huge chip on my shoulder about this issue. And I realize that I could be totally wrong. But try as I might, I cannot wrap my head around the idea that this person may actually do better work than I do.

It's just not possible. If I were forced to believe that, I'd just have to shoot myself, to quote Dorothy Parker.

I really really hope that I get called back for an interview with another department soon. It is just time for me to move on.

In other news, L rocks. Just thought I'd throw that in.. :-)
Tonight: Social committee meeting for the neighborhood?

2 comments:

The Princess said...

this issue of work and the attitudes of coworkers and their quality of work... well lets just say your not alone. Not Me but others I know who work in an office environment... This is a common thing, the hard worker who takes their job serious... usaully gets all the weird treatment while other less enthusiastic jokers skate. I'm thinking that want to keep you on pins and needles and knit pick, because quite frankly you might just take their job and do it better!!! Try that on for a while!!

Francake said...

Boo. Boo Hiss. Put it out of your mind. This is your week and your time to shine! Can't wait to see you @ the wedding!!