Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fly By List

Ten days until the wedding and I am sort of struggling. There is drama at every turn and 100,000,000 things to check up on, phone calls to make, and questions to answer before the big day.

funny conversation last night:
L: What is all that stuff you have written down there?
B: That's the list of stuff I have to do before the end of this week for the wedding.
L: Oh. Well ok. What do I need to do before the wedding? How do I need to work it so that I can get everybody (meaning his visiting relatives) to and from the site and all that?
B: [blank look] Doesn't it look like I have enough to do on this list? I think you're on your own there...

So we ate some pasta and watched the news.

So, a list:

1) Why are people's reactions so different in similar situations? What makes one person go berserk and violent, and another wash their hands of the situation and walk away?
2) Why does family go insane at the first mention of a major life event? Why does everything have to be such a screaming, fighting, name-calling, back-biting, mean thing? Why can't something be normal for a change? Even if it starts to look normal for a minute, one person starts needling the other and pretty soon there's a catfight. [Note to relatives on both sides: there will be a substantial law enforcement presence at my wedding. They will not hesitate to take you out. And I promise I will point and laugh.] I have a few words of advice for those who like to argue a lot: leave it alone for eleven days. Then you can have at it all you want.
3) Bridal shower at work today. Wheee!
4) I love toasted bagels.. but I hate it when that charred piece at the top stabs you in the roof of your mouth when you bite into it.. (that was random, wasn't it?)

Oh well, off to the salt mines...

2 comments:

The Princess said...

I love you dearly 1st of all... and I've tried my best to change my arguing ways.... but try raising a teenager !!! Alone!! Love you and we will be looking sparkly and lovely at the Wedding!! Muahhhhhhhhhh lil sis ;0)

Anonymous said...

Many, many prayers for you darling. You will be absolutely beautiful!!